About the dangers of chlorine

Harm from disinfection using chlorine.

Chlorine-containing drugs are considered the best disinfectants due to their low cost, but they are very harmful to humans.

The harmful effect of chlorine is manifested when it penetrates the body through respiratory organs or unprotected skin pores. If the concentration of chlorine in the air reaches 6 mg / m3, it causes swelling of the lung tissue and asphyxia. Any work with chlorine-containing drugs should be carried out in protective clothing, gas mask and gloves.

The maximum permissible daily production of chlorine is 0.1 mg, however, when carrying out chlorine disinfection of premises into the air, it gets 3-10 times more than the permissible dose.

In the first hours after treatment, chlorine-laden air is dangerous for the lungs, in the next 24 hours mobile molecules are actively looking for any organic matter, connecting with which form carcinogenic compounds. The strength of such compounds is kept up to 5 days.

This means that any person who finds himself in a sanitized room,

increases the risk of getting cancer by 70-80%! And the longer and more often a person will be in such a “disinfected” room, the higher the likelihood of developing cancer in the future.

According to the results of the US epidemiological research conducted by the National Cancer Institute in 2010, 50% of oncological diseases provoke regular contact with chlorine and its compounds.

This is one of the most important reasons for the development of disinfectant cleaners without chlorine.